Meet Us At The Crossroads!
Newsletter Number Three
United Way Mid-America Regional
“The Way We Care: The Best of United Way”
June 13 to 15, 2001 Adam’s Mark Hotel Columbus, Ohio
Early Bird Registration Deadline is May 13, 2001!
The registration materials are available by e-mail, fax, online at www.ouw.org, or snail mail.
Hotel Space is Filling Up Fast!
Call the downtown Adams Mark Hotel at 614-228-5050 and ask for the Crossroads Conference group rate. If you register by May 14, 2001, group rates are – $109, single; $124, double; $139, triple; $154, quad. Room tax is 15.75%.
Nomination Forms are Ready for the First Annual Staff Excellence Awards!…
Nomination forms have been e-mailed out and are also available online at www.ouw.org and by mail. We are on a short timetable this first year, so don’t miss out! Deadline to receive nominations is May 18, 2001! Here is a brief summary of the criteria:
Part I: Staff Excellence in Attitude and Values
Be specific about a significant experience for each item.
1. Describe the Nominee’s outstanding and consistently high level of performance.
2. Describe the nominee’s outstanding commitment to the mission and values of United Way (i.e. diversity and ethics).
3. Describe the nominee’s commitment to professional development.
4. Describe the nominee’s community involvement (not a part of nominee’s job).
5. Describe the nominee’s involvement in multi-United Way activity, such as collaborations with other United Ways; or state, regional, or national involvement.
Part II: Staff Excellence in Performance
Please choose one of these areas of focus. Be specific about a significant experience.
1. Leadership or Team involvement for a collaborative in-house project or partnership.
2. Demonstrated leadership in innovative practices resulting in exceptional benefit for U.W.
3. Intensive efforts in unusual circumstances; overcoming unusual difficulties; or showing extraordinary creativity in meeting an objective that enhances the U.W.
Please watch for the full nomination forms with instructions, or request one from Deborah De Weese or Cindy Lahr.
Door Prizes are Piling Up! Be There So Your Name Can Be Drawn!
We have the best door prize committee on the planet! Here are some of the most exciting items:
· One La Z Boy chair
· Three pairs of tickets to the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame, Cleveland
· One Archie Griffin Autographed OSU Football Jersey
· One weekend get-away from the Adam’s Mark Hotel, Columbus, Ohio
· One overnight stay for two people at the Ruddick-Nugent House Bed and Breakfast, Columbus, IN area
· Two tickets for a 2-hour Architectural Tour in the Columbus, IN area
· 4 Ohio wine gift baskets
· 2 Dirt Devil Mop Vacs
· One Dirt Devil Hand Vac
· One ABA basketball
· One UWA Tapestry Afghan
· Two lawn chairs
· One car emergency kit
· One set of Pyrex dishes
· One Waterman Pen and Pencil set
· Top Flight golf balls
· Women’s designer sunglasses
· And an assortment of T-shirts, hats, clocks, golf shirts, umbrellas, jackets, and other terrific items!
Chock-full goody bags will be provided to all registered participants, so sign up today!
UWA Private Career Consultations…
Private appointments are filling up! Contact Bill Mills at 1-800-892-2757 x 845 for a consultation with one of 2 UWA staff.
Questions? Call or e-mail…
Deborah De Weese, Ohio United Way, 614-224-8146, or e-mail at [email protected]
Lisa Hanger, Indiana Association of United Ways, 317-923-2377, or (Indiana only) 800-457-1450 or e-mail at [email protected]. All three newsletters are available on the Ohio United Way Website at www.ouw.org!