Welcome to Ohio United Way
Ohio United Way is the voluntary state association of United Ways across Ohio. Representing local United Ways around the state, the association works to promote the public policy interest of our members, provides them with educational opportunities and leads statewide initiatives designed to improve Ohio communities.
United Way is the leading fundraising organization throughout the country. With 1,400 United Ways nationally, the movement raises over $3.7 billion annually. United Ways across Ohio raise over $224 million annually. But United Way’s work in local communities means more than the ability to raise funds.
Ohio’s greatest community challenges cannot be solved by money alone. Today, United Ways are building upon their greatest resource to improve community conditions: the power of community collaboration. Local United Ways build productive relationships between philanthropists, the business community, the nonprofit community and the public sector to identify and implement solutions to community needs.
Across Ohio, local United Ways lead community-driven initiatives, including:
- Early childhood education coalitions to address barriers to school readiness for children under age 6.
- Local information and referral collaborations through the 2-1-1 dialing code.
- Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) awareness and asset-building coalitions.
- Commitment to hunger & nutrition issues to ensure citizens, especially our children, are not going hungry in Ohio.
Ohio United Way is a member-supported, state organization whose purpose is to serve the many local United Way organizations in our state through:
- Implementation of 2-1-1, a health and human services referral service
- Statewide coordination of the Combined Charitable Campaign (CCC)
- Advocacy on behalf of health & human services issues in the Ohio General Assembly
- Networking and training events for staff and volunteers
- Manage emergency food & shelter State Set-Aside funds through the Emergency Food & Shelter National Board.
- Help local United Ways coordinate services following disasters
Every Ohioan is deserving of hope, dignity and purpose
Strengthen the capacity of United Ways across Ohio to advance the common good for Ohioans.
Ohio United Way 990 filing is available upon request.